Monday, February 06, 2006


I've been in the US over a month now and the time has just flown by. I've done so much and met so many people. Mostly nice people. I've made some new friends. There are the three girls from Liverpool Hope University, they are all here doing teaching practice. Its funny but I seem to be fated to live with student teachers. They are all nice and are called Majella (she's irish), Carla, (she's from Grantham) and Sue (she's from Brombourgh). Sue told me that she had a blog to tell all of her friends at home what she's doing. Its a good idea because that way everyone can read at their leisure and I don't have to send lots of emails all the time.

The girls are really nice and have been gettin me involved with their trips out and thats really good for me because it means that I have people to go out and see things with. Two weeks ago we went to see the Milwaukee Bucks (basketball) game. We had $10 seats, right up at the top, and scary to look down, but the atmosphere was amazing, especially when everyone stood for the National Anthem. It took 2 and a half hours for them to play four 12 minute quarters. Amazing!

We went to the Mall last weekend, and this weekend has been pretty quiet. I have Class all day on Saturday 8am til 12noon and 1pm til 5pm! Classes last a long time here. They can go on til 10 pm every day.
I'm now looking for a short term job for a couple of weeks in the summer. Something to give me some experience in journalism, fingers crossed!

I have my first paper to write for my American Politics class. Where better in the world to study American Politics but in America? Also it will mean that I have an understanding of American politics which is useful for a journalist and for life generally.

No comments: