Saturday, June 25, 2011

Post Wedding and arriving in Chicago

This morning I got up and packed. I ate breakfast, and checked out of the hotel. We went to the community centre in the complex where Missy and Matt have their apartment. They brought bagels and coffee and Kringle and fruit and cookies for breakfast, and lots of their family and friends turned up again to see them open all their presents and cards. Then we tidied up and carried the stuff across to their apartment where we said goodbyes. It was time for the newly weds to leave for their (1st) honeymoon. Matt's parents kindly dropped me off back at the Amtrak station by the airport, where I got on a train back to Chicago. It's such a short ride from Milwaukee to Chicago, it's only an hour and a half, I napped on the train and before I knew it arrived back at Union Station. I'd read the map and worked out where I was going. Arrived at the Youth Hostel and checked in, found my bunk and headed back out to explore. Heading north on Michigan Avenue I came to first Millennium Park, touched "The Bean", and then Grant Park where I happened to be in time to catch a classical music concert in the Jay Pritzker Pavillion, which is seating underneath the most amazing sculpture. ( pictures will follow when I get home, but I'm writing this as a Note on my IPhone and uploading when I reach wifi, the picture upload doesn't work out well on the app I use to upload to my blog, so pics later) The weather is grey and overcast, but still warm enough to enjoy sitting outside, it's dry at least, and I'm sitting listening to some lovely contemporary latin American classical music, underneath some of the most iconic skyline in the world and it's beautiful!

Posted from Blogium for iPhone

No comments: