Saturday, June 25, 2011

Wedding Day

I woke up early and had breakfast, which has been great each morning. Help yourself to 3 different hot items, omelet or scrambled egg, bacon or sausage, fried potato chunks, spicy and tasty. Sliced fruit, yogurts, cereals, hot oatmeal (porridge you Brits), make your own waffle, toast, choice of coffees, juices and sodas. Yes you know I like breakfast, I like food. At 9 we headed out to the spa where Missy had booked her wedding party in to have their hair and makeup done. The girls were lovely, and it was a really relaxed atmosphere. Then we moved across the road to the church, where there was a room for the girls to get dressed and hang out. When it was nearly time, I went to get my seat in the church. The service was a lovely traditional service. After the service they took photos and then we went to the reception. It was in a community centre, which was far posher than it sounds. The food was lovely, the DJ was good, and I learned the traditions that Americans have about weddings. Like ours of course, but they make a bigger deal out of them. The hotel provided a shuttle service from the reception back to the hotel, so I took the 11 o clock shuttle back to the hotel, and climbed into bed tired but satisfied, having fulfilled my purpose for this trip and thoroughly enjoyed celebrating Missy and Matt's wedding.

Posted from Blogium for iPhone

No comments: