Saturday, June 25, 2011

Returning to Milwaukee

So the next adventures include a wedding and some sightseeing in the Windy City and a return to Brew City. So here goes...

You all remember my room mate from Alverno, Missy. (If you don't, jump back to the beginning of this blog) Anyway, she's getting married, and I headed back to Milwaukee for the wedding. I flew from Newcastle with BA to catch my flight from Heathrow to Chicago, all my flights were on time, I cleared immigration pretty quick and went to catch the light rail to downtown Chicago, to Union Station to get the Amtrak to Milwaukee airport, where Missy picked me up.
We checked me in to my hotel, and then went to Missy and Matt's apartment where their families were getting to know each other better and cooking dinner. They were all very friendly and welcoming, and kept me awake until late enough to combat the jetlag. Missy has a schedule of events planned to keep every body busy and to get them prepared for the day, so Thursday began very relaxed with breakfast, and then grilling out at the hotel with all of their families. Later the girls all went to get manicures and pedicures and to chill out. At tea time the bridal party went for their rehearsal at the church and their rehearsal dinner. I went for dinner with some of Matt's friendly relatives, and then back to the hotel to meet some more people and drink more wine. I left about midnight to get some sleep and be refreshed for the next day. Next post: Wedding Day

Posted from Blogium for iPhone

No comments: