Friday, July 01, 2011

Back in Milwaukee

This morning I woke late. I haven't been setting an alarm because I have room mates, and it doesn't seem polite to wake everyone. So I woke about quarter past 10, and realised I needed to check out at 11. So I dressed quickly, dragged all my stuff out into the sitting area, and washed, and packed my stuff squeezing it in to my suitcase, planning to reorganise when I finally have my own space. So much looking forward to having a hotel room where I can spread out, and not worry about waking anyone else in the morning or the evening or thinking that someone else might want the bathroom, or thinking about not leaving my stuff lying around. Don't misunderstand me, it's perfectly safe, the other girls are fine, but it's just good sense not to be too conspicuous about leaving stuff lying about, so every morning I've locked everything in my locker, including my wet towel! (my own) So I checked out quickly, headed across the street to see the nice lady in Panera again, who again wished me a safe trip. I walked up to Union Station, it didn't take long, and this time I knew where the platform was, without realising it, bought my ticket from the same machine,and knowing where I was going this time, found the gate with no trouble. Arrived in Milwaukee around half 2 in the afternoon, to baking hot sunshine! Oriented myself and found my way to my hotel with no problems other than the heat and the very strong winds. Watching the news tells me it's been about 90degrees today. I checked in and crashed out. It's so hot, I was worn out with the travelling. But air conditioning does wonderful things, and after sorting my stuff, putting on some clean clothes, I felt ready to face the heat again. I planned on staying close to the hotel, but found I just kept walking until I reached downtown, it's really not far, and I knew where I was and without realising it, I found what I was looking for: somewhere comfortable and familiar, tho I'd never been before, an English pub of course! Fish and chips, a glass of strongbow, and a glass of ice water were very welcome to replenish a hungry traveller. Afterwards, refreshed I headed back to my hotel and bed.

Posted from Blogium for iPhone

No comments: