Thursday, July 14, 2011

Wednesday July 6th 2011 - Mall day

Today was the day I needed to start packing...

Belated Update:

So I've been feeling a little guilty for not squeezing as much as I possibly can out of my time in Milwaukee. But I have to confess that the intensity of my sightseeing in Chicago has taken its toll on me and I'm feeling pretty tired. Plus, I'm just enjoying far too much the comfort of my hotel room and lack of room mates. I have a large flat screen TV, Tea and Coffee facilities, air conditioning, an en suite bathroom with Aveda toiletries... 
I've been staying up a little too late and sleeping later than I should, but hey, I'm on vacation right? 
Did I mention the free Wifi in my hotel room? and I've been neglecting this blog. 

I realized from a little research that the big Mall that I visited with Jody last time, was fairly easily accessible  from my hotel by bus. So I asked the receptionist at my hotel, who sent me to wait for the wrong bus, and then I finally found the correct bus going in the right direction, and I was on my way back to Mayfair Mall. 
So as if I haven't had enough time to shop on this trip, it was time to do my final bits and pieces. Anything I really wanted to take back with me, I had to find today, and this was the place to do it. 
What I really had in mind was a Kindle. Some of my friends at home have one, I'd talked to Missy and her friends and they all loved theirs, so I decided that as technology is so much cheaper in the States than back home, I would take a trip to Best Buy and take one home with me. 
Pleased with my acquisition it was time to search out my other missions, all my old favourite shops, Abercrombie and Fitch, Barnes and Noble, Talbots and Banana Republic. 
After satisfying my soul with purchases, happy that I'd got almost all my Christmas shopping finished, I stopped for a iced Chai Latte with cream, delicious!  
Back out in the sunshine I found my bus back to my hotel and on the way back I realized that this bus also goes very close to the Miller factory. Useful to remember for a future visit. 



No comments: