Thursday, July 14, 2011

Thursday July 7th 2011- Final day

Squeezing the last out of my Vacation...


Update: 

So this morning was fairly quiet, but I'd arranged to visit John at work in the Pabst Manson, take a short tour with him of what they had been working on since I had last seen it, and he very kindly signed and gave me a copy of his book! 

The Pabst Mansion is on the same street as my hotel, and not far from Marquette University. I went for a coffee in Starbucks and chilled out. Making use of their wifi, I ordered myself a cover for my new Kindle, so it would be delivered just after I arrived back home.
I stopped in to the cocktail bar for lunch, deciding to be very lazy as I couldn't find the energy to trek downtown. I had a small salad, and it was lovely. 
Then I headed back to my room to finish my packing and to get ready for the evening's activities. 
I booked a parking space in the car lot of the hotel for Missy, as we were going to Summerfest again.

When she arrived, we parked her car and then went to the nice cocktail bar for a couple of drinks. We then took the hotel shuttle to downtown for Summerfest, and this time we had one gig planned. Missy had got us tickets to see Katy Perry. As part of her California Dreams tour, the show was pretty surreal, but absolutely brilliantly staged. 
We both enjoyed the show, took the shuttle back to the hotel and arrived home fairly late. 

Posted from Blogium for iPhone

No comments: