Sunday, July 03, 2011

Summerfest

Again, too much going on today, update to follow I promise....

Update: 
So today was catching up with old friends. 
In the morning John and Jodi came to pick me up from my hotel. They took me out for brunch to a lovely slightly Mexican style bistro place. The food was delicious and it was good to catch up with them again. 

They dropped me off at my hotel, and in the afternoon I took the hotel's shuttle bus to downtown, where they were dropping off at Summerfest. 
I met up with Missy and Matt, got to hear about their mini honeymoon, where coincidently they had been to stay in the same hotel as I was now staying. They had stayed in the posher part, which is a historic hotel of America. It's 1920's and retains its charm and features, as well as a lovely cocktail bar. 
We wandered through the different stages with different bands, got some fish and chips from one of the food vendors, and generally chilled out. 
We made some more plans for meeting up in the week, and got to enjoy hanging out. 
They dropped me back off at my hotel and I went to bed to prepare for another exciting day ahead... 

No comments: